Monday 11 June 2012

Mermaid Birthday Party

Here are some images from Ryan's 4th birthday party.



A perfectly framed mermaid!


Under the Sea Buffet
The green "net" in the back is actually a curtain panel that I picked up at a local thrift store.



Under the Sea
The little "jellyfish" were made by simply draping decorative paper to the bottom of round paper lanterns. They only looked liked jellyfish when the wind was blowing. They were cute none the less!


Take a Dip!



Treasure Trail Mix
A mixture of fish crackers, yogurt covered raisins, slivered almonds, sesame seeds, fish candy, blue jelly beans and rock shaped chocolate.


Seashell Fruit Cups
I used silver food paint to give the ice cream cones a shell like appearance. Then filled them up with fruit.


These crowns were super easy to make. Click HERE for the tutorial.


The unbreakable piƱata!

The birthday girl listening for mermaids

Lovely mermaids
Instead of a goody bag, each one of Ryan's friends left the party with their very own mermaid dress.
Click HERE for more information on how to make a mermaid dress.

The beautiful cake!
After hours of searching online, I came across a cake just like this on Pinterest. I loved that it was simple and beautiful. So I had a local bakery - Celebrate with a Cake - recreate it for me. I think it turned out perfectly! In the top tier, the cake was even blue inside.

Me and my girls

The mermaids enjoying their cake.

Taking a break on the swing



1 comment:

  1. Loved all your attention to every detail and the girls had a magical time as mermaids!

    ReplyDelete