Tuesday 28 February 2012

body beautiful

Change the way you look at your body. I dare you. Just stop for a minute and take the time to really focus on the amazing things your body does for you. What makes you unique? What do you love about your body? Yourself?


Here are some of the reasons why I LOVE my body.

Because my body is trusting. Even after everything I put it through. And it is forgiving, especially when I have a bad day and fall back into old habits.

Because it enabled me to be a highly competitive basketball player. Without any serious injuries.

Because I can run. Run after my girls, run with my dad, run races. Without knee pain.

Because I am tall.

Because this body nourished, grew, carried and delivered my two amazing daughters.

Because of my body type, I have a small waist.

Because I have really great teeth.

Because a number on a scale doesn't determine it's worth.

Because my eyes light up when I am talking about the things that I love.

Because my body is wise. It tells me when to slow down. When to be cautious. When to act and when to react.


If I wrote this list 10 years ago, it would have been very different. I now look at my body in a whole new way. Embracing imperfections.  Embracing what makes me unique. 
 My body is beautiful.  And so is yours. 
So let's start focusing on the wonderful things that our bodies do, not just how they look.
image: 123rf

Please share - what is it about your body that you love?


2 comments:

  1. Well said and a great reminder ... focus on the good, not the lumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My body certainly doesn't look like it did 20 years ago, but I wouldn't give up the experiences enjoyed along the way just to get that body back! thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete